Are you looking for a new dryer? Like most other appliances, dryers are available with many features that can increase the price, as well as your potential repair costs. To make sure that you find one with the features you need, do a little research before you hit the store to make your purchase.
What To Look For In A New Dryer
To purchase the best dryer for your needs, you will want to consider the following:
- Capacity: Dryer models are often evaluated based on how many towels they can hold in a load. A larger dryer can meet the laundry demands of a big family who may wash 24 bath towels per load, in contrast to very small models that might hold only seven or eight. Larger dryers may also be wider than other models. Make sure to measure your space and if necessary consider a stackable unit that you can pair with a front-loader washing machine. If you opt for a stackable model, make sure that your floor can support the weight, especially on a second-floor installation.
- Noise: Some dryer models tend to be noisier than others. If you have a washer located near bedrooms or the family room, make sure to look at rating charts from organizations such as Consumers Reports to find quieter models.
- High-efficiency drying: Many brands claim high efficiency, but any dryer with a moisture sensor will save energy and dry more efficiently by auto-detecting the moisture content versus a straight timed drying procedure. Energy Star ratings can be helpful in determining true efficiency.
- Auto drying settings: Rather than having to time your drying cycle, many units offer auto dry features that will leave your clothes on a range of less dry to more dry. Using the right setting can cut down on ironing.
- Steam drying features: Some brands offer features that use steam to lift out odors and smooth wrinkles. By taking your clothes out of the dryer at the right time, sprinkling them with water before ironing, or by re-tumbling wrinkled items with a damp towel, you can produce a similar effect.
- Extended tumble cycles: Rather than shutting off when your clothes are dry, models with this feature will periodically tumble your clothes to prevent them from becoming wrinkled for up to several hours.
- End of cycle signal: Most dryers have a repeating buzzer at the end of the cycle to let you know your drying cycle is finished.
- Price: Higher-priced dryers may have more electronics controlling more features, which can set you up for more repair costs and not provide value for the money.
- Brand: Specific models of particular brands may offer a particularly good value for your needs.
- Repair costs: Make sure to check product reviews and call the professionals at Houston Appliance Repair for insights on which units are the best. To save money, you may want to pair a more expensive washer with a more economical dryer with fewer features.
Houston Appliance Repair Can Repair Most Brands
Regardless of what brand you select, Houston Appliance Repair is a versatile company with 25 years of experience with a long list of brands, including LG, Bosch, Maytag, GE, Hotpoint, Dyson, Siemons, Samsung, Hoover, Hitachi, Kenmore, Frigidaire, Panasonic, Sharp, Amana, Admiral, Whirlpool, and most other major brands.
When you need an experienced company committed to same-day service for washer and dryer repair whenever possible, call (713) 574-9799 to set up a convenient service appointment.