Why Use Factory-Certified Technicians For Appliance Repair
When you need service on major household appliances, just call (713) 574-9799 or fill out a website form to set up a convenient service appointment.
When you request appliance repair in the Greater Houston area, how do you know that the service company you call will send qualified, experienced technicians to your home or business? As a new customer, the quickest way to find out is to ask if it is a factory-certified appliance repair company. This designation, awarded after personnel attend training provided by the manufacturer, should offer you confidence that your Sub-Zero refrigerator or your GE stove is in good hands. Houston Appliance Repair is certified by many popular appliance brands.
Why Is Factory Certification Important?
While all appliances of the same type have many things in common, individual brands offer different features that may require a unique approach to repairing them. Factory certification training, as provided locally, online, or at the factory, schools the technicians in the unique features of a line of appliances. This training is not a one-time event, and to maintain certification as a factory authorized center for warranty and non-warranty repair, personnel from the company must attend periodic hands-on training.
Specific brand knowledge is important regardless of brand, but especially so if you have high-end appliances such as Jenn Air, Sub-Zero, Wolf, or Kitchen Aid. While a competent service person might be able to provide an adequate repair on any brand of kitchen or laundry appliance, the more features it has and the more you have invested in your product, the less you want to risk inadequate repairs by a non-certified technician.
A New Day For Appliance Repair
In the world of appliances, the old adage “There is nothing new under the sun” does not apply. Modern refrigerators, washers, dryers, microwaves, and most other household appliances are more high tech than ever. While the principles of what makes them work have not changed, most appliances have sophisticated electronic circuitry within that eliminates most DIY repair and even discourages many repair shops from tackling the job.
What To Expect From A Factory Certified Technician
For an appliance repair company, being factory-certified also means that the technicians are equipped to return the appliance to its original out-of-the-box state.
- They are experts in product maintenance, diagnostics, repair, and customer relations.
- They will use original or factory-approved parts.
- They can offer a comprehensive warranty on service and repairs.
- If they encounter a problem during repair, they have a direct line to the manufacturer.
- They offer competitive rates.
Get Factory-Certified Service From Houston Appliance Repair
With 25 years of serving Houston and the surrounding area with top quality service, we proudly maintain certification for ASKO, Admiral, Amana, Decor, Estate, Frigidaire, GE, Hotpoint, Jenn, Jenn Air, Kenmore, KitchenAid, LG, Magic Chef, Maytag, Rover, Sears, Sub-Zero, Tappan, Thermidor, Whirlpool, White Westinghouse, Wolf, and more.
This training allows us to provide you with accurate repairs. We stand behind our service and we aim to do the job right the first time we come out, which makes the best use of your time and ours. We want you to be satisfied with our friendly, competent, on-time service, often provided on the same day you call.
When you need service on major household appliances, just call (713) 574-9799 or fill out a website form to set up a convenient service appointment.
Are Extended Warranties Worth It On Household Appliances?
When you need warranty or non-warranty service, just call (713) 574-9799 or fill out a website form to set up a convenient service appointment.
No matter what appliance you buy, the retailer is likely to offer you an extended warranty. Should you shell out the extra money to buy it on your new range, washer, dryer, or refrigerator?
Are Extended Warranties Necessary?
Whether these warranties are worth their costs is a controversial topic in the appliance industry. Most appliances come with a manufacturer’s warranty that covers parts and usually labor for a few months, a year, or longer. Buying an extended warranty, which starts immediately, can duplicate the protection you have with the manufacturer’s warranty. Only once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired does the extended warranty you are paying for take over.
Consumer Reports, the popular testing lab for consumer products, is very critical of extended warranties for adding to the cost of products without delivering value. While you may buy a product that is a lemon, most appliances do not break down during the warranty period. Many warranties have loopholes and exclusions built in that can leave you stranded when need repair. CR surveys suggest that you may have to wait longer for warranty repair and may be more dissatisfied with your repair than if you paid out-of-pocket.
Extended Warranties Can Reduce Your Out-of-Pocket Costs
Representatives from repair facilities may have a different opinion about the value of extended warranties. Having a warranty guarantees:
- That you will be able to access service from a factory-authorized service company
- That you will not have to pay for a service call
- That you may be spared paying out of pocket for most repairs
- That you can put off having to replace a costly washer, refrigerator, or stove at an inopportune time
- That you may be able to have the appliance inspected annually at no charge
Warranties are particularly important for today’s technologically-advanced appliances which often have computer boards controlling their operations. Whether the electronics malfunction or parts break down, the affected parts can cost $200-300. The newer energy-efficient machines have sensors and other parts with a high rate of repair. Even top-of-the-line Sub-Zero and Wolf products are sensitive enough to require regular service calls to keep them running right.
Appliance Cost May Dictate Whether You Buy A Warranty
Any time you buy a washer and dryer or kitchen appliance and an extended warranty is an option, you take a gamble when you do not buy the optional protection. You might be willing to take a chance on a $50 microwave that you would likely discard if it broke, but do you want to take the chance on a $2,500 refrigerator? For an expensive washer, dryer, range, refrigerator, or other big ticket item, buying the warranty upfront or by folding its cost into the amount financed is a smart investment.
Some repair professionals suggest that if an appliance costs more than $500, you should opt for the warranty. If you have questions about whether to buy a warranty on your next appliance, call us for a recommendation.
Let Houston Appliance Repair Serve You
With 25 years of serving Houston and the surrounding area with top quality service, Houston Appliance Repair proudly maintains certification for ASKO, Admiral, Amana, Decor, Estate, Frigidaire, GE, Hotpoint, Jenn, Jenn Air, Kenmore, KitchenAid, LG, Magic Chef, Maytag, Rover, Sears, Sub-Zero, Tappan, Thermidor, Whirlpool, White Westinghouse, Wolf, and more.
Are you looking for a new dryer? Like most other appliances, dryers are available with many features that can increase the price, as well as your potential repair costs. To make sure that you find one with the features you need, do a little research before you hit the store to make your purchase.
What To Look For In A New Dryer
To purchase the best dryer for your needs, you will want to consider the following:
- Capacity: Dryer models are often evaluated based on how many towels they can hold in a load. A larger dryer can meet the laundry demands of a big family who may wash 24 bath towels per load, in contrast to very small models that might hold only seven or eight. Larger dryers may also be wider than other models. Make sure to measure your space and if necessary consider a stackable unit that you can pair with a front-loader washing machine. If you opt for a stackable model, make sure that your floor can support the weight, especially on a second-floor installation.
- Noise: Some dryer models tend to be noisier than others. If you have a washer located near bedrooms or the family room, make sure to look at rating charts from organizations such as Consumers Reports to find quieter models.
- High-efficiency drying: Many brands claim high efficiency, but any dryer with a moisture sensor will save energy and dry more efficiently. Energy Star ratings can be helpful in determining true efficiency.
- Auto drying settings: Rather than having to time your drying cycle, many units offer auto dry features that will leave your clothes on a range of less dry to more dry. Using the right setting can cut down on ironing.
- Steam drying features: Some brands offer features that use steam to lift out odors and smooth wrinkles. By taking your clothes out of the dryer at the right time, sprinkling them with water before ironing, or by re-tumbling wrinkled items with a damp towel, you can produce a similar effect.
- Extended tumble cycles: Rather than shutting off when your clothes are dry, models with this feature will periodically tumble your clothes to prevent them from becoming wrinkled for up to several hours.
- End of cycle signal: Most dryers have a repeating buzzer at the end of the cycle to let you know your drying cycle is finished.
- Price: Higher-priced dryers may have more electronics controlling more features, which can set you up for more repair costs and not provide value for the money.
- Brand: Specific models of particular brands may offer a particularly good value for your needs.
- Repair costs: Make sure to check product reviews and call the professionals at Houston Appliance Repair for insights on which units are the best. To save money, you may want to pair a more expensive washer with a more economical dryer with fewer features.
Houston Appliance Repair Can Repair Most Brands
Regardless of what brand you select, Houston Appliance Repair is a versatile company with 25 years of experience with a long list of brands, including LG, Bosch, Maytag, GE, Hotpoint, Dyson, Siemons, Samsung, Hoover, Hitachi, Kenmore, Frigidaire, Panasonic, Sharp, Amana, Admiral, Whirlpool, and most other major brands.
When you need an experienced company committed to same-day service for washer and dryer repair whenever possible, call (713) 574-9799 to set up a convenient service appointment.
When you commit to an upscale kitchen remodel, you will want to add the best appliances you can afford. Based on reports from appliance repair companies, you can’t go wrong with Sub-Zero appliances. They are built to last for years – and the price reflects that! – but they are not immune to the need for repairs. In fact, you should find an appliance service you trust that offers factory-certified repair of Sub-Zero refrigerators and wine coolers, as well as cooktops, ranges, and ovens manufactured under the Wolf name.
Why You Might Want Sub-Zero And Wolf Appliances
Sub-Zero products are made to give a customized look to your kitchen. They work well with the newest kitchen trend to build in units behind cabinets, which gives a fresh, European look to your kitchen. If you don’t care for the wooden enclosures, you can also order the units with glass doors.
The units have no sides as they are built in and are sized to match the depth of your counters. Depending on the design of your kitchen, you can have a traditional unit that contains a freezer and refrigerator, a separate refrigerator or freezer under the counter, or even a wine cooler.
The complementary Wolf line includes built-in ovens, cooktops, and range tops, as well as complete ranges. In addition, the company also offers amenities such as microwaves, warming drawers, specialty modules, ventilation methods, outdoor grills, and even coffee systems.
A major remodel is the perfect time to add every convenience you ever wanted. SubZero can make your dreams come true. In return for your sizable investment, you get a great warranty that will keep your appliances trouble-free for years.
What You Need To Know About Sub-Zero And Wolf Warranties
Although the products are well made to last much longer than standard appliances, they may require professional installation, maintenance, and repair service because they are built in and not as accessible as the products used by most consumers. When you invest in a Sub-Zero refrigerator, you have the advantage of long manufacturer’s warranties and the option of purchasing extended warranties:
- Two-year TOTAL PRODUCT warranty (parts and labor).
- Five-year SEALED SYSTEM warranty (parts and labor).
- Sixth through twelfth year LIMITED SEALED SYSTEM warranty (sealed system parts only which including compressors, condensers, evaporators, filter-driers, heat exchangers, all tubing that carries the refrigerant).
For Wolf products, the warranty summary is:
- Two years total PRODUCT WARRANTY (parts and labor).
- Third through fifth year LIMITED PARTS WARRANTY including some electronic boards, electric heating elements, gas burners.
Why You Need Houston Appliance Service
As noted in our previous blog post Understanding Sub-Zero Appliance Repair In Houston, your new appliances may be subject to specific problems. When your appliance is not working as expected or when you have any other type of problem with it, you should call the company customer service line for information and then contact a factory-certified technician such as Houston Appliance Repair. Using only factory-certified technicians is critical to handle your appliances. Why?
- Factory-certified technicians have completed rigid screening and training by Sub-Zero and Wolf.
- They are experts in installation, diagnostics, maintenance and repair.
- They have genuine replacement parts on hand and will only use genuine Sub-Zero and Wolf replacement parts on your appliances.
- They are committed to performing work not covered by warranty at competitive rates.
With 25 years of experience in working with Sub-Zero and Wolf Appliances, Houston Appliance Repair knows how to keep your appliances running correctly. For Sub-Zero repair in Houston, call Houston Appliance Repair at (713) 574-9799.
In May 2016, the Houston area experienced two storms that flooded the city with 15 to 20 inches of rain each time, which put homes in danger of flood damage. Since this was the sixth major flood in Southeast Texas since May 2015, homeowners should think about the importance of protecting their washers, dryers, and other major appliances from water damage. Houston Appliance can recommend steps to take before a flood and can help you make sure your appliances are safe afterwards.
Prepare Your Appliances Before An Emergency
The best way to protect your washer and dryer is by installing them on a platform that can keep them above most water damage. Many manufacturers sell platforms for their brand of appliances that raise the equipment about 15 inches above the ground. The platform provides a storage drawer, while the height can protect your washer and dryer from damage from most storm. As commercially available platforms cost $300 or more each, you may even consider building one yourself.
Another way to protect your appliances is to have them located on the second floor. While installing plumbing and securing the floor can be costly, you can feel secure that your appliances will be protected. With your bedrooms upstairs, having the laundry on the same level adds convenience that many homeowners enjoy in any weather. While you are making this change, you might think about having your electrical box moved to higher ground as well.
Call Houston Appliance Repair After Water Damage
If your home has been flooded, you may wonder whether it is safe to use your appliances after the water recedes. Your appliances may seem safe to use, but you should have them checked out by a reputable appliance service company such as Houston Appliance Repair.
You should take the following steps for your safety:
- Disconnect the breaker that controls the appliance. Be careful about unplugging it unless you are sure the power is off, as there may be a shock hazard.
- If your power is off, unplug the appliances. Even if the power returns, do not plug in the appliance or turn it on until you have had a competent service person check it out.
- Have Houston Appliance Repair check out all the mechanical parts of the appliance and lubricate all door hinges, bearings, and other moving parts to prevent rust.
- Be prepared to have the motor reconditioned or replaced, along with wiring.
- Be aware that if the appliance has experienced water damage, its life expectancy may be reduced.
- After servicing, sanitize your washer by running disinfectant through a 15-minute cycle followed by a hot water rinse and wipe down the dryer with a cloth dipped in disinfectant. Leave the dryer door open overnight to prevent rust formation.
Whether you have been victim of a storm, your washer overflows, or your hoses come out of the drain, you should still follow these same procedures to make sure you are safe.
Your Houston Connection For Appliance Repair
If your home has been flooded, other appliances such as your refrigerator, freezer, stove, and dishwasher are also subject to water damage. Follow the procedures above and contact Houston Appliance Repair.