Keeping Your Food Fresh & Cold
Houston Home Appliance Repair is a best-in-class appliance repair company specializing in refrigerator repair and other major appliance repairs in the Greater Houston Area. We have a 4.9-star rating with satisfied clients. We believe our clients’ own words speak the most loudly. Refrigerator repair is a huge part of our business; we work on hundreds of refrigerators annually.
Over the years, we’ve repaired countless makes and models of refrigerators. Providing timely, affordable, and quality work is our promise to you. We always stand behind our work and strive to earn your trust so you will only think to call us when an appliance breaks down or needs routine maintenance.
Some common issues you may experience with your refrigerator could include the following;
- The refrigerator isn’t cooling properly and is running non-stop.
- The refrigerator’s doors don’t close properly, and you can feel cool air when reaching for the handle.
- It’s making a noise that doesn’t sound right.
- You’ve noticed an increase in my electric bill in the last few months.
We do not give absolute quotes over the phone because of unknown variables. If we ever give a price range over the phone, it is only based on what you are describing to us. We encourage you to see our online reviews to get a better understanding of our core values of honesty.
Great question. I would say it depends on several variables that are listed below.
- Age of the refrigerator - If your refrigerator is new, we always recommend checking to see if it is still in warranty. If it is out of warranty and fairly new, then repair probably makes the most sense.
- Application of the refrigerator - What we mean by this is that if it falls in the following categories;
- Second refrigerator - If it is not your main refrigerator, you have more options in decisions
- Is it a rental property - Repair is usually the right option
- Cost of the repair in relation to the value of a new refrigerator - If you have a refrigerator that is on its last legs and breaking down like an old car, then the time to replace the refrigerator might be at hand.
The costliest repair is typically the compressor replacement. We on average, are typically 7-10% lower on compressor replacement versus our competitors. We believe in long-term relationships and that all starts with trust.
Schedule Early for Same Day Service
Refrigerator Repair - Top Causes
We understand how critical the refrigerator is to a family's daily routine. No one knows when they are going to break down, but we give you our word that we get there as fast as possible (often same day) to get you back up and runnig. Here are some of the most common causes of refrigerator malfunctions. Don’t worry; these are all issues that we can fix for you today.
- Overload and Relay Failure – This can cause the compressor not to run and completely stop, which ceases al cooling. If your refrigerator seems like it has stopped running, we would advise you to call us, unplug your refrigerator, and avoid opening it to conserve as much cold air inside the refrigerator and freezer as possible.
- Cold Control/Thermostat Failure – This can lead to erratic and inefficient cooling. We do a thorough diagnosis to determine the issue(s).
- Drain Stoppage – This is usually the case if you see water at the bottom of your refrigerator or an ice sheet in the lower part of your freezer. If you have an automatic icemaker, we recommend turning it off or if you can, turn the water feed line valve to the off position.
- Damper not Opening – This may be the cause if the fridge side is not cooling
- Defrost Heaters Failure – This can be seen by evidence of frost build-up.
These are just a few issue types. When we work on your refrigerator, we not only fix the issue but we look for any other issues as well as clean the area we work on to try and prevent future issues.
We have been serving the Houston community for over 25 years and customer satisfaction is always job number one! Find out why Houston Appliance Repair is number one in customer satisfaction give us a call today!
Schedule Early for Same Day Service
Refrigerator Maintenance Tips
1. Clean the coils regularly. Dust and dirt can build up on the refrigerator's coils, making it harder for the fridge to cool. Use a brush attachment on your vacuum and gently clean off the dust and dirt.
2. Change the water filter. Replacing the water filter in your refrigerator every six months helps ensure your water and ice will taste better and be free of contaminants.
3. Clean the door gaskets. Check the rubber door gaskets for any signs of wear or tear. Clean them with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth to keep them in good condition.
4. Check the temperature settings. Make sure your refrigerator and freezer are set to the proper temperatures. The refrigerator should be between 37 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and the freezer should be at 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Check for air leaks. Inspect the door seals and hinges to ensure no air leaks. If you find any gaps, replace the door seals or hinges.
6. Clean the interior. Wipe down the interior shelves and walls with warm, soapy water. Avoid abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, which can scratch the interior surface.
We have been serving the Houston community for over 25 years, and customer satisfaction is always job number one! To find out why Houston Appliance Repair is number one in customer satisfaction, give us a call today!